03 Feb 2012
By: DYGLam1993 Member 5 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

Final Fantasy XIII-2 issue (maybe its supposed to be like that or maybe its just me)

8 Replies 672 Views Created 03-02-2012

Just started the game, and I noticed on the opening cutscene and all other cutscenes as far as I have played (not very far actually), I didn't hear any voices. But the BGM and subtitles still played fine.

However, in battles and outside the cutscenes (eg. main map), there are voices.

Anyone know anything about this?

DYGLam1993 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (672 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 issue (maybe its supposed to be like that or maybe its just me)

[ Edited ]

ermmmm thats not suppose to happen (apart from the intro video before you get to the menu its only a soundtrack then but mine works fine it could be something to do with the update patch if you updated the game? delete the patch and try the game again

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (662 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 issue (maybe its supposed to be like that or maybe its just me)

Tried that about 4 times already

Still no good though

Any other suggestions?
DYGLam1993 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (650 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

could be a bodged copy of the game or theres a error reading the disk somewhere a would take it back get another copy and try it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (619 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It appears to be an issue with my console, I tried it on a different console earlier today and it worked fine.

Stil haven't been able to find out the cause, tried reformatting and all that too...

What console firmware version are people using?

DYGLam1993 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (590 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

I'm using the update that was released just the other day. So the latest. No problems here.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (572 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Yeah, I'm using that update too...

Must be an issue with the console then, probably the BD drive...

Makes that clicking like noise a bit too often...

Gonna have to return my console to the store and ask for a replacement then.... ...

Will probably upgrade it to the 320GB while I'm at it...
DYGLam1993 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

could it be that they use a different sound file/codec (higher bit rate or something) for cutscenes and your  tv/speaker setup is having trouble recognising them..

it could just be a problem with what you have selected under your preffered sound setting on the xmb,it could be worth changing the sound settings on the xmb before you go changing your console.

something similar happened to me a while back,changing the settings on the xmb fixed it..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (550 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Fixed

Problem: Faulty HDMI Cable
Solution: Got a new HDMI Cable
Difficulty level: 0/5

Thanks for everyones input, I'm just a little dumb
DYGLam1993 Trophy Card
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (533 Views)
0 Kudos