22 Apr 2013

Playstation Staff

Dark Souls patch 1.08

3 Replies 3,879 Views Created 22-04-2013

A friend and I were doing a co-op Dark Souls run which was going smoothy until patch 1.08 launched. My friend got the message that his game needed to be updared, but I still haven't (it's been almost a whole week). 

While he's running 1.08 and I'm running 1.07 we cannot summon each other, effectively ruining the co-op run. Is there a way to 'force' Dark Souls to update (by making PSN look for the patch on another server or something)? And if not, how long does it usually take for patches to become ubiquitous on all Dark Souls servers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (3,879 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: Dark Souls patch 1.08

It was out on the 19th in Europe (presuming that's where you are). It should just load up automatically. Try going into the Game Data Utility and deleting the Dark Souls file and then when you load up the game it should download.

If you're in America (this is the European PS forum) I haven't seen a release date for the patch and don't know if they got one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (3,832 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the response - and yeah, I'm in Europe.

It doesn't load up automatically, and I've deleted the Dark Souls file in the Game Data folder several times without it helping. I can co-op with other players also running 1.07 (there are some others this problem applies to apparently), so I guess it might be a problem with the Dark Souls servers?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (3,801 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

What happens when you delete the file? Does it load up 1.07 again?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (3,783 Views)
0 Kudos