Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: Anyone Still Playing.

Still playing although very frustratingly stuck at the last boss. Read all the tips but I'm pretty poor at parrying and accidently missed/killed those who upgrade my pyromancy so not too hot with the flames.

I keep giving it a go every now and again but after a few attempts I find myself having to switch to something less frustrating,

I WILL get there in the end because, like Demon's Souls, I'm determined to get platinum for this game.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 56 (622 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Summon someone - that end fight is way easier with someone else to distract him for a bit.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 56 (618 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I had tried summoning before but there never seemed to be any signs around. So, I tried again last night and lo, plenty of summon signs. I summoned one and before anything happened I was invaded and killed.

Angry but determined I tried one more time and some kind soul helped me through the level. Got to the white mist and off we went. Amazing how much easier it is with someone distracting him. Got a bit scarey when my helper died with 20% still left on Gywnn but luckily I survived and won!!!!!

Now, let's hope NG+ is a bit more organised and I don't kill and/or miss some of the helpful pyromancers I "avoided" in the first play through.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 56 (605 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

The last boss is actually quite easy.

spoilers...

When you walk into the room there's a group of stalagmites forward and to the left.    If you keep these between you and Gwym and just stab through with a spear/halberd you can kill without much trouble.

He will occassionally charge through to your side of the stalagmites but just dodge and reposition yourself in a safe position and carry on.

It's kinda cheap,  but it's the only way I can do it.

I've tried parrying him,   after watching LOTS of videos,   but still can't do it that way.

Congrats on the win and good luck in NG+    :smileyhappy:

UK Launch day PS3 60Gb - YLOD 17/08/12 RIP :'(
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 56 (580 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Yep,  still playing.

Platinumed it a while ago,   after 4 playthroughs,   and have now started again from scratch with a new character,   a cleric.

It's a faith build.    I only levelled up Faith,  nothing else,   until it was at 99,  and now levelling up STR / END.

I'm at the end of NG+. .

Currently doing co-op,  usually Iron Golem or Quelaag,   to level up a bit before NG++

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 56 (577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Mister_G wrote:

It's a faith build.    I only levelled up Faith,  nothing else,   until it was at 99...

What sort of damage output does that give you with a divine weapon?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 56 (570 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I have 50 faith on my level 74 build and get 161 physical dmg / 300 magic dmg with my divine mace +10. I think the sunslight spear is overrated though. It requires 50 faith + 2 attunement slots + warrior sunlight covenant and only does about 50% more damage than great sunslight spear. It needs to be three times stronger to make it worth all that imo.

I have been having a lot of trouble with the four kings in NG+. Have they made them stronger? I can't remember having this much trouble with any of my other characters. I've tried fire, magic, lightening but they take forever to kill. I keep summoning two phantoms but they hardly last 10 seconds in the fight. I'm not sure if it's my build but these have been giving me real problems now. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 56 (563 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

WikidEvilGenius wrote:

I have been having a lot of trouble with the four kings in NG+. Have they made them stronger? I can't remember having this much trouble with any of my other characters. I've tried fire, magic, lightening but they take forever to kill. I keep summoning two phantoms but they hardly last 10 seconds in the fight. I'm not sure if it's my build but these have been giving me real problems now. 

It's not your build - we had insane trouble with them, and that was 3 of us with voice comms. They take an age to kill each one and spawn in way faster than they did before. Our strategy involved the host staying out of the fight and healing when necessary (and casting soul spears and other ranged magic), while the other two went to town with DPS melee.

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 56 (557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

InfiniteStates wrote:

Mister_G wrote:

It's a faith build.    I only levelled up Faith,  nothing else,   until it was at 99...

What sort of damage output does that give you with a divine weapon?

Divine Halberd+10 is doing 618 damage at the moment,  with STR at 40 and DEX at 20.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 56 (553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

WikidEvilGenius wrote:

I have been having a lot of trouble with the four kings in NG+. Have they made them stronger?

I struggled too in NG+.

In the end I used a Scythe+14 and buffed it with Sunlight Blade,  which boosted the damage to 880.

Only lasts for 30 seconds though,   but it was good enough to kill 2 kings pretty quick,   then used divine halberd+10  (dmg approx. 618)  for the others.

Still a VERY tough fight though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 56 (552 Views)
0 Kudos