General

Community Lounge

Community Lounge

Level 1

Re: What's your development experience?

I am a beginner major in Computer Science.  It's always been my dream to work on a game (a rhythm game, specifically, a la Guitar Hero) and PS Suite seems to be an avenue to explore.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 43 (535 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Since I hadn't replied to this thread yet, I figured I should throw it out there.

I have been developing games since I was a nugget in elementary school on my C-64 using the Programmer's Reference manual and from there grew up with the game development industry and studying its evolution and pioneering individuals intently.  I've worked on my own projects and professionally for others for decades now with various small companies as a game designer, programmer, tester, and artist, with other useful skills in music composition, and writing.

My current push is to finally make use of everything I've learned and get my own pro studio off the ground.  I'm really looking forward to seeing where PS Suite SDK goes from here, as the experience I've had with C# and XNA developing my main RPG game has already translated well into a much smaller retro project.  I'm really not much of a programmer, having long been using it as a stepping stone for my game design passion, but I tend to like to develop my own tools.

Fox English • Stray Fox Studio • Twitter: @ShadowdawnRPGDeveloper's Blog
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 43 (519 Views)
Level 3

@Astraelcat...Took a look at your blog....loved your art and sketches!  I wished I could draw like that.  Good luck with your game and I look forward to hearing more about it!

www.kahunastudios.com
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 43 (485 Views)
Level 1

Hi,
I was a programmer in the Japanese game maker.
Now it is a hobby.

And now, as R&D fellow.
my jobs is cloud tech, social media, image processing, marketing.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 43 (462 Views)
Level 13

Hello!
I'm strangeplaice and I've been around here for a while in the Public EU forums. Since then I've completed several courses and am now a software development student. I intend on moving to Games Development in the coming months after completion of this year.
I've experience of C#,VB,Java,C++,Javascript,AJAX and working with Oracle databases but I intend on expanding on my existing knowledge and having a product at the end to prove I can do it!

I'll spare you guys my life story and just say for now; "HELLO WORLD" :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 43 (424 Views)
0 Kudos

I would be regarded as a Hobbyist when it comes to this, currently I am a software developer who designs databases in mysql, visual basic, and asp. 

I look forward to working with all of you,

Jay

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 43 (413 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Hello and welcome to everyone who has recently been added to the Closed Beta Test! :smileyhappy:
PlayStation®Mobile Dev Team
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 43 (395 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

My name is Fernando Granco, and I'm a hobbyist programmer and Computer Engineering Student from Brazil.

I have experience programing in C, C++ and Java. I have done some work for the PSP and PS3 using their "open" sdk's, and have some projects for Android that are still on the beginning.

I'm really excited to work with the PS Suite SDK and be part of this community! :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 43 (371 Views)

Greetings, all, from Rhode Island, USA :smileyhappy:

My development experience isnt so much in code, but more as an advisor and Alpha tester. Ive worked with the likes of DK-Games on games like Ragged Edge. Ive also developed a fan- based WipEout table- top game that I hope to pitch to Sony sometime soon.

I also write stories for games. Unfortunately, I cant share anything publicly.

With SDK, I hope to maximise its use with as many platforms as I can muster. I have plenty of ideas, thats for sure.

Anyway, its great to be part of such a great community and I look forward to reading more fine posts!

All the best,

-- abukii

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 43 (360 Views)

Hello, good evening everyone.
I am a beginner in the area of game programming. I love programming and love working with games.

I finished college now and I intend to do a postgraduate degree, to enhance my knowledge. I have two of them still projects a tin paper. The first created in exactly two years ago in XNA, the second I'm starting to get new information and knowledge on the subject to apply on the roadmap. They are children's games, but really cool, interactive and fun.

Working with C #, but I'm looking to develop more of my work also in C + + and Java. Besides the programmer, working with illustrations and comics script for more than ten years.

I hope I can contribute the best way possible, even though with the little knowledge I have. And count on the help of friends here all the forum of the most experienced to beginners like me. :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 43 (326 Views)