18 Jun 2012
By TamKing
Playstation Staff

battlefield turning into cod?

23 Replies 870 Views Created 18-06-2012

is it just me are dice trying to turn battlefield 3 into a cod game...

its seems with every patch,new guns they are catering to the cod players...

almost every match i play now its full of players using the same guns (that are supposedly the best) or players exploiting the game mechanics by constantly jumping all over the place to confuse the hit detection.another is clipping inside rocks/walls/outside map.

or its a bunch of scrubs running around like rambo with a sniper rifle one shotting everyone...

dont get me started with the laser pointer,it seems like whatever gun you stick it on it turns it into a hipfire killing machine (including sniper rifles)...

i enjoy playing battlefield 3 due to it taking a lot more skill to play/master guns,now im not the best player but more and more im getting outgunned (even at range) by players who are just running around hipfiring snipers etc.. 

its got so bad the last few days im starting to regret buying premium as i feel its just going to get worse..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (870 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: battlefield turning into cod?

I think its also that the fanbase has changed. BF3 is alot more popular than BC2 was. Also with MW3 being a bit of a failure, more of the COD players have moved over to this game. Its just what EA wanted.

Since one of the last patches, Ive seen that the aim assist is really noticable. Another way to make the newbies keep playing. The learning curve in this game is now more on par with COD imo.

Currently, my biggest complaint about the game is the custom servers. Ive been kicked from far too many just lately by people who cant stand losing. I wouldnt mind if it didnt take so long to find a good balanced match. DICE need to put up some official big ticket servers!

But yeah I agree the scrub level of this game is very high at the minute! Hopefully things will pick up a bit when Armoured Kill is released. 

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (845 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It just comes down to money, like any business. If a developer can create a game that closely resembles CoD then people who play CoD may look at that game, buy it and play it and because CoD has such a big market (God knows why) it's a chance to make some big money but only if they can please the fans with what the developer has to offer. BF3 offers it own experience but it is also an FPS set in the modern day so there isn't much a developer can change to be different from CoD but to get the money they need to please everyone, especially the CoD fans but I still favour BF3 by miles. 

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (824 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

TamKing wrote:

or its a bunch of scrubs running around like rambo with a sniper rifle one shotting everyone...

dont get me started with the laser pointer,it seems like whatever gun you stick it on it turns it into a hipfire killing machine (including sniper rifles)...

Have you ever actually tried that? It takes some quick reaction and precise aiming to one shot somebody with a bolt action up close, so easy to get your face melted by sobody with an F2000 (usually with a foregrip and silencer)

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (820 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

BigMoab wrote:

BF3 offers it own experience but it is also an FPS set in the modern day so there isn't much a developer can change to be different from CoD but to get the money they need to please everyone, especially the CoD fans but I still favour BF3 by miles. 

To be fair, Battlefield has being doing the Modern based warfare for much longer than CoD :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (805 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think COD's finished,  its been done to death.  It needs a new engine and a complete re-think from the ground up,  then maybe the name will persuade people to try the next version.  The next game better not look like an MW3 map pack or it won't even leave the starting line - let alone compete. 

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (797 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@mike939 

"Have you ever actually tried that? It takes some quick reaction and precise aiming to one shot somebody with a bolt action up close, so easy to get your face melted by sobody with an F2000 (usually with a foregrip and silencer"

i tend to not usually hipfire with a sniper,if someone is close enough to hipfire then ill whip out my pistol.

when the game first released i would have agreed with you that getting consistent kills by hipfiring(with anything except a pdw) was pretty tough and usually came down to a little skill and a lot of luck,but after the last couple of patches dice seem to have upped the hipfire accuracy,even more so with the laser pointers attached.

they raised it so much that running around (with nearly any weapon) hipfiring your way through squads of players is now starting to become the norm,which is why i think battlefield 3 is slowly turning into cod,what with its one hit kill/hipfire snipers and hipfiring being the most effective way of killing...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (787 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

With the lack of popularity of MW3 a lot of people (CODheads) have decided that BF3 is their new game of choice and EA are loving it, but they should really have left Battlefield for the battlefield fanbase and concentrated on making medal of honor the CODclone

after all Medal Of Honor was once the daddy of fast paced FPS, until COD started doing what they did better and they faded away.

MOH needs to take back the arcade shooter crown and hopefully this will stop EA forcing DICE to fudge up BF3 until it ends up as COD with big maps and vehicles :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (759 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

SilentShadow777 wrote:

With the lack of popularity of MW3 a lot of people (CODheads) have decided that BF3 is their new game of choice and EA are loving it, but they should really have left Battlefield for the battlefield fanbase and concentrated on making medal of honor the CODclone

after all Medal Of Honor was once the daddy of fast paced FPS, until COD started doing what they did better and they faded away.

MOH needs to take back the arcade shooter crown and hopefully this will stop EA forcing DICE to fudge up BF3 until it ends up as COD with big maps and vehicles :smileysad:

I have big hopes for MoH Warfighter:smileyhappy:

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (752 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I_reaps_I wrote:

BigMoab wrote:

BF3 offers it own experience but it is also an FPS set in the modern day so there isn't much a developer can change to be different from CoD but to get the money they need to please everyone, especially the CoD fans but I still favour BF3 by miles. 

To be fair, Battlefield has being doing the Modern based warfare for much longer than CoD :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah but it never took off like it did with CoD4. With the popularity with CoD4/CoD series, everyone wants to try and replicate that experience. Besides all of the Battlefields were for PC so not everyone would play them, as soon as the PS3 and Xbox 360 came on the scene with CoD4 then everything changed and that is excluding Battlefield 2: Modern combat for the PS2 because online play was not as big, obviously lol. Then Bad Company came after and so on and so fourth....

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (731 Views)
0 Kudos