Hi which guns are they on i can not see one! ss5.png 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (361 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Re: Underslung grenade launcher

To unlock the grenade laucher you need to earn 11,000 points as an assault class.

Nearly every assault class rifle can be used with the grenade launcher.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (336 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

this is a under-slung grenade launcher . 300px-M203_1.jpg

220px-Loading_M203.jpg the M320 is a grenade launcher & under_slung GL and have not seen it in the game like this 220px-PEO_M320_on_M4_Carbine.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (318 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Thats an M203 which is not in  BF3 as its being phased out of service and being replaced by the M320 :smileytongue:

To equip it you have to swap your medic pack for it. To attach it to your weapon you need to use the rail attachment which is not available on bullpup assault rifles :Thumbs:

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (314 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

does anyone actually use them underbarrel anymore? i find the guns nowhere near as effective if i cant have a foregrip, personally i think they should tweak it so the weight of the GL has an impact
Oldies can still be goldies
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (290 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

YorkshirePud82 wrote:
does anyone actually use them underbarrel anymore? i find the guns nowhere near as effective if i cant have a foregrip, personally i think they should tweak it so the weight of the GL has an impact

The foregrip is a lot worse now I find, sometimes it's a downright hinderance.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (286 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

hmmm ill have to test that
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

YorkshirePud82 wrote:
hmmm ill have to test that

At long range it makes it harder to hit your target.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (264 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

with the GL? damn i tend to play more open maps
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (252 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The foregrip aimed accuracy penalty can be offset completely by adding a suppressor with it on some guns, they're all different. Take the M60 LMG as an example :

It has vertical recoil of 0.6 (quite high really) and equal horizontal recoil of 0.2
Adding a foregrip to it reduces aimed accuracy by 16%, reduces horizontal recoil by 50% and vertical recoil by 15%. So you have a gun thats easier to control but isn't as accurate (and its accuracy wasn't that great to begin with).

Now if you add a suppressor to the M60 it reduces vertical recoil by 10% and INCREASES aimed accuracy by 25%. It also reduces the guns range by about 50% so distance to minimum damage of 22 per bullet is about 35 metres. At that range and beyond the M60 is a 5 shot kill.

So adding the foregrip and suppressor combo results in a benefit to aimed accuracy of 9%, because the suppressor benefit offsets the foregrip penalty. With the combo the M60 handles much nicer, with aimed accuracy up 9% above vanilla, horizontal recoil reduced by half to 0.1 and vertical recoil reduced by 25% to 0.45.

If you added a flash suppressor instead which reduces vertical recoil on this gun by 25%, you'd have vertical recoil down 40% with the foregrip to 0.36, which is good but without the aimed accuracy buff you'd suffer the full 16% penalty from the foregrip. Best of all is a bipod but I wanted to illustrate the foregrip + suppressor benefit.
BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (243 Views)