23 Dec 2011
Playstation Staff

Noone has a mic?

28 Replies 569 Views Created 23-12-2011

I got bf3 2 days ago and so far not noticed anyone online with a mic, i thought this sort of game was built for mics and comunicating so where all ya mics?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 29 (569 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: Noone has a mic?

norman29 wrote:

...i thought this sort of game was built for mics and comunicating...

Tell that to the developers :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 29 (564 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I find most PS3 users don't have mics in the first place anyway. I can see why it wasn't bundled with the console, as its a terrible design for sitting on your ear, plus it doesn't even work in some games. No cross gaming chat also...Sony seen all of this coming I'm sure. Maybe they'll get it right next Gen.

But to answer your question. The voices break up too much in BF3, to the point that no one uses their mic. Still waiting on a fix.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 29 (560 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Cringles88 wrote:

I find most PS3 users don't have mics in the first place anyway. I can see why it wasn't bundled with the console, as its a terrible design for sitting on your ear, plus it doesn't even work in some games. No cross gaming chat also...Sony seen all of this coming I'm sure. Maybe they'll get it right next Gen.

But to answer your question. The voices break up too much in BF3, to the point that no one uses their mic. Still waiting on a fix.

ah so ive bought yet another broken game this year then that 'will be fixed'

As for your first point though, when playing Uncharted 3 nearly every match ive been in theres been 1 other player with a mic so people do have them.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 29 (557 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

norman29 wrote:

As for your first point though, when playing Uncharted 3 nearly every match ive been in theres been 1 other player with a mic so people do have them.

Yeah I know people have them. But you just said at least 1 person has 1. If it was 360, you would most likely have both teams all using mics, or there all in party chat. I've always thought Sony should of bundled a mic into the PS3. 

Even I went & bought the mic for the PS3, but I hardly use it as in some games it doesn't work, or no one else even uses it. It's just a sad thing about the PS3, which is why for the next console, I really hope they nail the social aspect of the console. 

I don't want to see silly keyboards attached to controllers. It should be as easy as sending a voice recorded message.

Check out my Podcast. The Fellaship Podcast.
TFP On iTunes

TFP On Facebook
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 29 (554 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I have a mic but I'm not using it to talk to weird people online, I only use it for co-op. Damn weird people.

*All my spelling and grammar mistakes are on purpose.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 29 (530 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

BF3 on 360 also has the same comms problems using the games VIOP. But they have the cross chat as a handy work around. It will get fixed (eventually) Though it does work fine between 2 people, sometimes 3

I've used the Sony head set for over 2 years and its not uncomfortable for me Cringles. At first I didn't like on my right ear but I swapped it round so its on my left ear and its far more comfortable. Sort of forget its there :smileyvery-happy:. Only had problems with comms using it in BF3 but in all other games its crystal clear. Goner be making an investment in the Sony 7.1 headset :smileyvery-happy: 

Had some minor issues on BFBC2 would go "gurgly" though not often unlike some I could name :smileysad:

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 29 (520 Views)
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

Had some minor issues on BFBC2 would go "gurgly" though not often unlike some I could name :smileysad:

A minor issue of living in a underwater city :smileysad:

Photobucket

"You can't take the sky from me"

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 29 (488 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

ratchet34321 wrote:

Mr_Inconspicous wrote:

A minor issue of living in a underwater city :smileysad:

Sounded like you were under a large waterfall at times :Lol: 

Free userbars
Free userbars
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 29 (478 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I've got a mic. I'm having the same problem too, no-one else has got one. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 29 (469 Views)
0 Kudos