Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Banned from servers

I_reaps_I wrote:

I was in a match that said M26 users would get kicked, other team were spamming the M26, I shot 1 M26 back.

Kicked.

I have noticed this alot, a rule for 1, no rules for others lol.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 74 (411 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I fired this game up this afternoon for a laugh. Went into a 1000 ticket CQ game and spent 20 minutes trying to find somebody to shoot! Boring as hell.

Gave up after that and went onto MW3. That game may have it's own set of problems but at the moment it's a lot better than BF3.

Just found this on Youtube Nooby Admin

One reason why Dice and idiotic children will kill this game.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Recent observations conclude that in this day and age common sense is a super power!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 74 (405 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

First one was fair enough imo.

Second was lol

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 74 (356 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I've been got kicked/banned 4 times today. On 2 of the 4 occasions I have been kicked/banned is when I killed two Admins in a tank that were destroying us, then they kicked me and the other time is when I was in an air battle with another helicopter, both damaged, both landed, I saw him repair so I killed him, next thing I know I have been kicked by him and he was the server owner. It's really annoying that people like this can buy a server and play BF3.

photo C-47DakotaSig1_zpsfa53741c.jpg
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 74 (335 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think the 24 hour server rental is at fault and needs to go.  People can rent a server for one day from a second PSN account then name their main PSN as Admin.  They'll play all day on it kicking and banning anyone they like with no fear of losing the server - there simply isn't enough time for EA to respond to abuse claims.  

You're safer on a 3 month server like the OPC Server,  doubt you'll get kicked from it by the admins and certainly not by me,  if its revoked I lose 50 quid lol so I wouldn't risk it.  

The rent a servers should show the renewal date for all to see,  I guarantee the long term servers will be better run,  its a heavy investment to make and nobody wants to throw money away by abusing their visitors.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 74 (329 Views)
Level 8

Playstation Staff

I got banned from a server after just 3 minutes for killing an admin twice.

Shall we see who can get banned the quickest? :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 74 (295 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I don't seem to lose anything if I get kicked,  either by an Admin or the 5 minute time out for inactivity.  

I played a long game recently and scored over 10,000 and during that time I levelled up one rank.  Later I was kicked out for no apparent reason.  However,  I didn't lose the 10,000 or the rank when I checked my stats.

If you don't lose anything,  then being kicked isn't that bad at all.  It just means go find another game. 

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 74 (280 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I haven't kicked or banned anyone from OPC server and wouldn't unless they were being incredibly abusive over the comms.

I haven't been kicked from a sinlge server yet either, perhaps my absolute mediocrity keeps me in favour with admins.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 74 (271 Views)
Level 5

Playstation Staff

If the server is busy before a scheduled forum event then feel free to clear it out beforehand.  

Its clearly labelled as the OPC server,  and full event details are always posted,  I think its reasonable that the forum and community get priority for weekly events.

BF3 Stats
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 74 (257 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-04-battlefield-3-how-fan-run-servers-are-ruining-dices-gam...

An interesting article on EG about the whole kick/ban culture that seems to have taken over BF3 as of late.

yaster's Streambadge
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 74 (208 Views)