15 Feb 2011

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Heavy Rain issue after update renders unplayable

9 Replies 3,904 Views Created 15-02-2011

I played a good chunk into heavy Rain, updated to the new version which was over a gig download and now it's REQUIRING me to have a Playstation Move contoller. I don't even have any accessories plugged in and not even a second remote. I've alternated remotes, reset system all in an effort to fix this problem. I have an older 80 gig fatter PS3 ad I've read elsewhere of another having the same issue as myself although it doesn't seem too common. I emailed the producers at their official site a week ago with no help. Any suggestions for this issue aside fomr deleting the game whcih will delete my save game too? Thanks!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (3,904 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Heavy Rain issue after update renders unplayable

As there is such a "great" amount of time between your system and this game being made, I would guess it is because of your older PS3 that you are having an issue. I downloaded that patch to my PS3 120GB, and it gives the option but does not require me to use a Move controller.

Sorry, but it seems likely to me that this can only be solved by deleting the game from your system and reloading the original.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (3,897 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I just expect to buy a PS3 game that will work with my PS3 system is all. I'm not mad about deleting the update as long as it doesn't remove my save game. I guess I'll find out the hard way which will make or break this developer for me >_< 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (3,886 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Just delete your game data, not your save data, then when prompted to install the patch, cancel it. The game will run as normal.

"They say... hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness searching for their destiny. The darkness, for me, is where I shine."
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (3,864 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I had the same issue as above, however, if I try deleting the the game data, and cancelling out of the patch I then get a black screen that the game freezes on. Is there any way fix this issue such as an inbetween patch that I can download?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (3,795 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Don't delete anything. Jeez. I have an old 40 gig and the update defaults the control scheme to PS Move. At the home screen go to the bottom and right most option that says "switch to wireless controller". Ur welcome
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (3,760 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

guys when i installed the update i didn't have any problem with wireless controller but when i pressed start button it told that i didn't have ps eye and then i coud not do anything..the game doesn't go to the main menu....any help??

ΣΔ
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (2,783 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Did you select 'wireless controller' when thegame first loaded?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (2,739 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

whoa!!!!!!! thread necrosis!!!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (2,728 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yup and now it works ! thank you so much!
ΣΔ
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (1,996 Views)
0 Kudos