15 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

Has the Multiplayer contributed to Assassin's Creed downfall?

18 Replies 249 Views Created 15-07-2012

Some people on here will know i love the multiplayer but for me the AC series has gone downhill game by game.

After the high point of Assassin's Creed 2 we had Brotherhood which wasnt a bad game, i actually really enjoyed it but it wasnt as good as AC2 and i was pretty disappointed with Revelations, i got quite bored towards the end, this may have been because it was so similar to Brotherhood

I feel the multiplayer has a part to play in each installment not being as good as the last because by the end of it i was enjoying the multiplayer in Brotherhood & Revelations alot more than the campaign which AC is meant to be all about

Do you think Ubisoft have been giving the single player less attention because of the multiplayer component?

although i really enjoy the multiplayer i would rather they scrapped it and gave me an engaging story personally

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (249 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: Has the Multiplayer contributed to Assassin's Creed downfall?

I think you could be right. I think now they have multiplayer sorted (2 games in hand) they will come back really strong with a decent single player in AC3. I just can't wait! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19 (242 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

MissSouthampton wrote:

I think you could be right. I think now they have multiplayer sorted (2 games in hand) they will come back really strong with a decent single player in AC3. I just can't wait! 

Im encouraged by what ive seen of AC3 so far campaign and multiplayer but now they've included co-op aswell thats another thing that they will concentrate on

For me going by Brotherhood and Revelations they havent mastered doing two things at once yet and now they're doing three things, between Revelations release in November 2011 and AC3 in October 2012 is 11 months long enough to put together an amazing single player campaign with a multiplayer and co-op component aswell?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19 (239 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Ah well it has been in production much longer because they have been making it for 3 years now I think... (at least) They were making it while they released the others. 

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1326914/assassins_creed_3_why_starting_from_scratch_has_been_worth_...

Hence why Brotherhood and Rev were spin offs. They had to make this one. I could have waited but it's good to have played them all :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19 (237 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Assassin's Creed has turned into Call Of Duty in that they are releasing a new game every year now, they should have done what Naughty Dog have done with the Uncharted series and release a new game every 2 years

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19 (225 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

I think the multiplayer was a great addition to the AC series! It was fun and isn't just a copy of other multiplayer games.

It may have meant less time / effort put into the 'spin offs' single player, but that also may have been down to the yearly time constraints.?

As MissSouthampton said AC3 has supposedly been I production in tandem with ACB n ACR since AC2 finished.

And as for the yearly COD reference. I don't mean to sound like a "AC Fanboy" but....

The desmond sequences have all been leading up to this year. So unless they had put a lot more desmond bits in, then they might have been struggling to fit in all these extra desmond sequences and all of Ezios story (which i loved), into the one game in between, as opposed to the two we had..

With the production size & time AC3s had. I'm hoping we get a great multiplayer (with out any recycled maps), and we get two BIG single player experiences. One for desmonds story to be mostly wrapped up, and one for this new Conner dude (Altair only really had one AC game)

Then maybe leave Assassins alone for a few years or the next-gen? Coming back with something very fresh and new in the AC universe.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19 (218 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I absolutely hated those Desmond Sequences to the point were i just gave up with them after completing 3 of them

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19 (208 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

@groundbreaker91
Sorry, when I said desmond sequences. I didnt mean solely the actual "sequence" bits, but all the desmond story parts. My bad..
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19 (205 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

WinnieP wrote:
@groundbreaker91
Sorry, when I said desmond sequences. I didnt mean solely the actual "sequence" bits, but all the desmond story parts. My bad..

Ive never really got invested in the whole Demond side of the story i was always more interested in Altier and Ezio 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19 (196 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I think Desmond contributes somewhat because he is the end / start of it all i.e. his memories, ancestors. I guess that's why they all look the same lol. I wonder where Connor fits in. He is an ancestor of Desmond too isn't he?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19 (188 Views)
0 Kudos