Level 8

Re: The forums have had an update!

Envisager wrote: Good question.

The reason for this is when people search for the answer to a question on Google, they are directed directly to a thread and quite often miss out on content that may of also be of interest to them.

With that I understand the reasoning behind it but there's a lot of empty space at the same time. The new layout leaves roughly 45% of the screen unfilled due to the addition of the new feature. Is there a possibility of applying a dynamic resize that would fit the layout to the users screen rather than one size fits all.

I can see this might cause some trouble with the images used at the top but the new layout is rough on the vanity side. For someone like myself who has it set at twice the default it's a lot of wasted space. Looking at the screen, cutting it down to the default 10 posts, you can imagine how 20 looks:

The forums have had an update! - Page 2 - PlayStation Forum.htm_20120404142120.png

---------------------------

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 51 of 155 (481 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

It seems space isn't being effectively used. Lots of blank blue spaces at the sides.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 155 (473 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

So, err....when are we going back to the old layout?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 53 of 155 (469 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

loonytoon1982 wrote:

Envisager wrote: Good question.

The reason for this is when people search for the answer to a question on Google, they are directed directly to a thread and quite often miss out on content that may of also be of interest to them.

With that I understand the reasoning behind it but there's a lot of empty space at the same time. The new layout leaves roughly 45% of the screen unfilled due to the addition of the new feature. Is there a possibility of applying a dynamic resize that would fit the layout to the users screen rather than one size fits all.

I can see this might cause some trouble with the images used at the top but the new layout is rough on the vanity side. For someone like myself who has it set at twice the default it's a lot of wasted space. Looking at the screen, cutting it down to the default 10 posts, you can imagine how 20 looks:

The forums have had an update! - Page 2 - PlayStation Forum.htm_20120404142120.png

nice one on the photo, thats the exact thing i was sayin, i've the default post count but for people with more posts per page it is horrible.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 54 of 155 (463 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I like the new design. Although I agree that there is a lot of blank space on the right.

Maybe a kind of AJAX box that followed you down the page on the right (or had a fixed position) would help. Like a live update/feed of lastest threads would fill it out with relevant info - or maybe something that can bring in content from other community areas i.e Facebook/Twitter or the Blog?

------------------------------------------------
Don't worry, β Happy

Click here to track my posts
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 155 (462 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

^ So when I hover over LR's avatart, I can see all his Beta Forum posts. Niiiiice. Can everyone see that? :smileywink: Quick, look LR is breaking the NDA. :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 56 of 155 (450 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Danlisa wrote:
^ So when I hover over LR's avatart, I can see all his Beta Forum posts. Niiiiice. Can everyone see that? :smileywink: Quick, look LR is breaking the NDA. :Lol:

You'll only see it, if you have permission to view the board/section it's posted in. :smileyhappy: (phew)

Now, the sharing options, they're not ideal if you've set your post/thread view to something different to the default. 

Battlelog - The Battlefield Sunday Event: Sundays 8pm
and Battlefield 4 DLC Wednesdays, at 8pm
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 57 of 155 (442 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Danlisa wrote:

:smileysurprised: i'm telling!

Right now just a quick PM to the manager of the beta.....wait a minute O.o

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 155 (441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

[ Edited ]
Holy macerena, where's my post count gone?!??!!? I feel almost like I've lost a leg (my third one).

This forum is like a communist country now, everybody is the same, no identity.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 155 (417 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

eastavenge wrote:
Holy macerena, where's my post count gone?!??!!? I feel almost like I've lost a leg (my third one).

I feel naked.

I should probably put some clothes on.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 60 of 155 (406 Views)
0 Kudos