Reply
loonytoon1982
Beta Tester
07
/16

loonytoon1982

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
99%
07 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!


Envisager wrote: Good question.

 

The reason for this is when people search for the answer to a question on Google, they are directed directly to a thread and quite often miss out on content that may of also be of interest to them.



With that I understand the reasoning behind it but there's a lot of empty space at the same time. The new layout leaves roughly 45% of the screen unfilled due to the addition of the new feature. Is there a possibility of applying a dynamic resize that would fit the layout to the users screen rather than one size fits all.

 

I can see this might cause some trouble with the images used at the top but the new layout is rough on the vanity side. For someone like myself who has it set at twice the default it's a lot of wasted space. Looking at the screen, cutting it down to the default 10 posts, you can imagine how 20 looks:

 

The forums have had an update! - Page 2 - PlayStation Forum.htm_20120404142120.png

---------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 155 (508 Views)
0 Kudos
Moghal2007
Award Winner
09
/16

Moghal2007

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
95%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!

It seems space isn't being effectively used. Lots of blank blue spaces at the sides.
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 155 (500 Views)
0 Kudos
Jacko_the_lad
Beta Tester
09
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!

So, err....when are we going back to the old layout?

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 155 (496 Views)
0 Kudos
Plambey
08
/16

Plambey

  • Offline
99%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!


loonytoon1982 wrote:

Envisager wrote: Good question.

 

The reason for this is when people search for the answer to a question on Google, they are directed directly to a thread and quite often miss out on content that may of also be of interest to them.



With that I understand the reasoning behind it but there's a lot of empty space at the same time. The new layout leaves roughly 45% of the screen unfilled due to the addition of the new feature. Is there a possibility of applying a dynamic resize that would fit the layout to the users screen rather than one size fits all.

 

I can see this might cause some trouble with the images used at the top but the new layout is rough on the vanity side. For someone like myself who has it set at twice the default it's a lot of wasted space. Looking at the screen, cutting it down to the default 10 posts, you can imagine how 20 looks:

 

The forums have had an update! - Page 2 - PlayStation Forum.htm_20120404142120.png



nice one on the photo, thats the exact thing i was sayin, i've the default post count but for people with more posts per page it is horrible.

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 155 (490 Views)
0 Kudos
LiquidRunner
Beta Tester
02
/16

LiquidRunner

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!

[ Edited ]

I like the new design. Although I agree that there is a lot of blank space on the right.

Maybe a kind of AJAX box that followed you down the page on the right (or had a fixed position) would help. Like a live update/feed of lastest threads would fill it out with relevant info - or maybe something that can bring in content from other community areas i.e Facebook/Twitter or the Blog?

------------------------------------------------
LiquidRunner (or just 'Liquid')
Ex-PlayStation Beta Manager

Don't worry, β Happy



Click here to track my posts
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 155 (489 Views)
0 Kudos
Danlisa
Beta Tester
04
/16

Danlisa

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
89%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!

^ So when I hover over LR's avatart, I can see all his Beta Forum posts. Niiiiice. Can everyone see that? Smiley Wink Quick, look LR is breaking the NDA.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 155 (477 Views)
0 Kudos
Cimbrer
Award Winner
09
/16

Cimbrer

  • Award Winner
  • Offline
93%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!


Danlisa wrote:
^ So when I hover over LR's avatart, I can see all his Beta Forum posts. Niiiiice. Can everyone see that? Smiley Wink Quick, look LR is breaking the NDA.

You'll only see it, if you have permission to view the board/section it's posted in. Smiley Happy (phew)

 

Now, the sharing options, they're not ideal if you've set your post/thread view to something different to the default. 

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 155 (469 Views)
0 Kudos
Roxas598
Beta Tester
06
/16

Roxas598

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
90%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!


Danlisa wrote:
^ So when I hover over LR's avatart, I can see all his Beta Forum posts. Niiiiice. Can everyone see that? Smiley Wink Quick, look LR is breaking the NDA.


Smiley Surprised i'm telling!

 

 

Right now just a quick PM to the manager of the beta.....wait a minute O.o

Photobucket
0 Kudos
Message 58 of 155 (468 Views)
0 Kudos
eastavenge
Beta Tester
08
/16

eastavenge

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
96%
08 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!

[ Edited ]
Holy macerena, where's my post count gone?!??!!? I feel almost like I've lost a leg (my third one).

This forum is like a communist country now, everybody is the same, no identity.
0 Kudos
Message 59 of 155 (444 Views)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Jacko_the_lad
Beta Tester
09
/16

Jacko_the_lad

  • Beta Tester
  • Offline
98%
09 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Re: The forums have had an update!


eastavenge wrote:
Holy macerena, where's my post count gone?!??!!? I feel almost like I've lost a leg (my third one).

I feel naked.

 

I should probably put some clothes on.

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 155 (433 Views)
0 Kudos