25 Jun 2012
Playstation Staff

The Last of US as a Launch Title.

11 Replies 567 Views Created 25-06-2012

I think it would be a good strategy for Last of Us to be released as a launch title for the PS4 (Orbis). The hype is already up (more than 2.5 million views on a gameplay trailer in less than a month!) thats pretty much almost the same amount of ps4s that will be sold if this game is bundled with it because everyone who watched it, loved it & wants it (even xbox only owners). My friend (a proud xbox owner) bought a ps3 because I managed to convince him somehow & he sold after a few months because he just didn't like it (he missed his xbox live features). He texted me, 2 hours ago about this game saying he couldn't wait for it come out. Obviously he was disapointed when I told him its ps3 only.

If this is a launch title people wouldn't hesitate to buy the ps4(orbis) as long as it has great features which im sure sony has learnt about by now lol. I'm telling you, the console would launch already flying! Some people will hestitate to buy a new console when they know the next one is almost here.

Sony, save it for next gen! which is 2013/2014 anyway!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12 (567 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Playstation Staff

Re: The Last of US as a Launch Title.

Last of Us will be available on PS4, in about 2016 when its added to the store as a downloadable classic :smileyvery-happy:

|¬_¬|™
Message 2 of 12 (560 Views)
Level 7

Playstation Staff

It would be a great launch title. But I'm not ready for next Gen yet. The economy isn;t to kind at the minute. I think the adoption to the next gen will be pretty slow. There are still years left in the PS3.

Message 3 of 12 (551 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I too agree that the PS3 still has life in her yet. PS4 can wait another few years IMO.

Message 4 of 12 (530 Views)
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Why when the PS3 can handle it just fine :Confused: Not to mention its already running on PS3 tech (Uncharted 3 engine) so being on next gen is only going to restric its preformance..

This is the reason why not many are in a rush for next gen. Beyond, The Last of Us and God of War Ascension all say HI.

It would take more then one game to make me an early adopter as well. PS3 still has 3-4 years of support left from Sony, and then 3rd party will still keep the PS3 going for a few years after that depending on how it keeps selling, just like the PS2 did plenty of years along side PS3.

The Last of Us is pegged for early next year, we wont see next gen until next Christmas at the least. This year has been bad enough for AAA games and I cannot remember the last time I played a Sony exclusive game so no way hosay am I waiting even longer (anpother year!) for a decent PlayStation exclusive - the sole reason why I like PlayStation in the first place :smileywink:

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12 (528 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Guys, what I suggested was mainly for the business side because well it is a business. Though the ps3 is selling at a faster rate than its competitor its still regarded as last(I dont know why people think that, it launched a year later & now has a two million gap, but that's a different topic).

Remember when the 1st xbox launched? the ps2 killed it. MS completely dropped the xbox & came earlier & harder with the 360 & so far they've made their own lane & have been successful in some respects.

IF sony, in the next E3 went, "the last of us, our most anticipated game that you saw a couple years ago now has a final release, it will be coming out a month from now, on the PS4" "BOOM" "OOOOOOOOOOOH SH*T!!!!!" I'm telling you, a lot of people will find that money & beg sony to take it. How much is the new macbook pro with retina? & how much has that thing sold so far? people have the money you just need to give them something that gets the blood pumping.
Not only do we get a really great game but we also get the next generation in one (fairly priced, hopefully lol) bundle.

Beyond: Two souls might be good but I dont think it is a system seller. I would still drop Beyond, GOW:A on the ps3 to get a lot sales from the already estaplished system, to keep gamers happy for the following year or two, make that profit & carry it on to the next console with the last of us as that killer game. while beyond & others are making money off of an established console, the last of us will be the driving force that will lead & get a lot of people to jump on the next generation. Then they can drop Uncharted 4, Killzone 4, GOW: whatever. LBP3, The last Guardian( that game has taken so long they might as well drop it on the ps4 lol) all these are heavy hitters & at the same time drop new IPs to build new franchises early on like how resistance & warhawk were introduced.

I think Sony has a good opportunity here, they just need put their hands out to grab it.
I don't think it will cost a whole lot to switch the game from ps3 to ps4. so i dont think cost will be a problem in this. its just the next gen, they might have to go back & make things better because the ps4 will just eat everything the ps3 couldn't. all in all, it makes the game better than worse. If i was sony that had a studio like ND whos games are always the best I'd put my money behind them no doubt.

fanbase is important but you've always got to move on, Ps2 was the best but it had to move on to ps3 & now its time to move on again. The ps3 may have a couple more years in it but when the next xbox drops people will shift & it will be 2005/2006/2007 ALL over again, where the next generation already started while sony was still working with last gen. when you've got to move you've got to move! Wii U is launching, the MS document got leaked, so you know the 720 is coming, Why would Sony want to be last Again when it's hurt them before. ps2 still sells, ps3 can still sell after the ps4 is out. people just need to realise the business side of it & keep up. If the ps4 launches years later after the 720 has launched it will be like when the xbox launched when the ps2 was already ruling. Repeating history all over again. Sony wont win with the "ps3 still has a few more years of power in it so we wont launch" mentality.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12 (517 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

The world has changed, gaming has changed (see PS Vita flop). It's time for Sony to move to incremental updates and keep compatibility (see Apple or Android games/apps) with previous versions.

Think about the average sales figures for a PSP title and the sales figures of Angry Birds. The gaming industry is no longer driven by hardcore gamers.

A PS4 incompatible with PS3 games will be the end of Sony in the gaming space. It sounds extreme but I think that's the way it is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12 (511 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

It's using an upgrade of the Uncharted 3 engine, so would make no sense for it to be a release title for a yet unconfirmed next gen console... Though it would fit with their one franchise a console habit, except the company does seem to be now spreading its wings bigger and wider with seperate teams..

Now Beyond on the other hand, considering Quantic's long development cycles and the technology that goes into their 'movies' and demos.... that could be an exciting next gen prospect, if we hadn't already seen some gameplay demoing...

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12 (491 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

There'll be another fantastic game release for the ps4 hopefully anyway to get people to buy it.

Also, I don't want to get rid of the old gal yet, she's still got plenty life in her!
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12 (256 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Beyond is the perfect example of what the PS3 can do, if a PS4 came out now im certain it wouldnt sell that well because people just dont have £300-£400 to spend on a new console when the PS3 is still capable of amazing things

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12 (255 Views)
0 Kudos