16 Jul 2012
By: Hybridhuman27 Member 118 Posts
Level 1

Is Max Payne 3 Good?

10 Replies 917 Views Created 16-07-2012

I've got the first one, loved it wanted to know is it really good would like another R* game th take over after Liberty City Stories, what do you think?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (917 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Re: Is Max Payne 3 Good?

As a Max Payne fan I didn't enjoy it and couldn't wait for the nightmare (mine not Max's) to end. The fast paced action was removed and turned into a cover simulator. Pop your head out, get shot, die, use last of pills try a desperate bullet dodge move, die again, meh! I don't enjoy trial & error games.

This is then married to Rockstars awfully sluggish shooing mechanics, flawed last stance thing that really grinded my gears every time I had to reload or the person that shot me was out of view, thus dying again.. and nausea inducing cutscenes that were uncalled for.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (869 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

The opposite of the above for me, I really liked it, although the cutscenes were a little but annoying at times.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (850 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Is it a free roam game like GTA or a linear action game?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (845 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Linear action game.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (836 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

It is a good game. Just a warning though he multiplayer isn't that great and once you complete the story once there no replay ability in it but the story is superb
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Thought it was pretty poo myself

Playing: Tomb Raider, COD: ghosts
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (815 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

the game is decent and i can tell R* put alot of effort into it

It can be frustrating at times as on harder difficulties you pop your head up and it gets taken off straight away saying that the hardest difficulty which is old school mode is easier than hard difficulty defiantly give it a go you wont be disappointed

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (795 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

A great game and still has that classic Max Payne feel!!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

For me this is one of the worst games on 2012 so far, i played it at my mates house and really didnt like it atall, im not a max payne fan anyway so a proper fan might appreciate it more but i gave up after a few levels in i got so bored

Currently Playing: FIFA 13 / DARK SOULS / BURNOUT PARADISE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (777 Views)
0 Kudos