Level 9

Playstation Staff

Re: I Am Alive - How much?

[ Edited ]

:smileyindifferent:

I Am Alive – (Trial also available [excl. Germany])

One year after the Event, a worldwide cataclysmic event that wiped most of the human race, a man struggles for survival in a desolate city as he tries to reunite with his long lost wife and daughter.

EDIT: Downloading the trial now. Just search :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21 (837 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Looks like the store has been updated today.  Just looked and I AM Alive was on the front page.

And in answer to my original question:  How much?  £11.99 (£9.59 for + susbscribers).

Biggest problem for me now, for some reason my PS3 downloads painfully slow, even when every other device in the house can download at 10 meg.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21 (830 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Whats everyones thoughts so far? Just about to try the demo. Only ever seen 1 review from Eurogamer who give it 8/10.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21 (825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Just finished the demo. I really like it, I think I'll get it. I like the atmosphere, for the first 10 minutes, I thought I was actually the only one left alive. The ''dust'' is kinda like the fog from Silent Hill, but not as thick.

Not sure weather to jump into Survival mode or not. I would hate to get so far, only to be brought back to the start. Unless I've misunderstood the ''retry'' thing? :smileysad:

Interacting with other people is pretty good, I was panicking when I made it into the city to have my first confrontation. If this game had zombies in it as well, then this would of been the zombie game I've been waiting on for years haha. 

Any idea only how long the game last?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21 (820 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

well people say it is a minimal of 4 hrs depending on what you do and all and it is £11.99 on the psn store but plus members get a discount 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21 (818 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Still waiting to try the trial.  Started downloading it about 2 hours ago and still only at 87% <sigh>

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21 (814 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Having finally got the demo to try, I reckon I will go ahead and get the full game.

Looks like buying only requires an "upgrade" rather than having to download the whole game again (content already there, just needs unlocking, I assume).

The play style reminds me of the Silent Hill games, which is a big plus.  Not 100% sure about it, I REALLY don't like the blurry style of the backdrops but it's not like paying £40-£50 so I can probably live with it.

I am very intrigued with the fighting system,time will tell how limited/scripted it is but certainly interesting...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21 (799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

i jumped straight into survival and regret it so am changing back as i died and got sent back a good way which was depressing.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (788 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just completed this game, better than expected, although alittle pricey at £11.99 it was still a good game.

The ending was a bit crap i must admit, not what i was expecting..Time wise i managed it in 10.5hrs but i did literally everything and had a good old nose around the map.

Would i recommend it?, indeed i would, especially at the Playstation Plus price of £9.59, but i'd strongly recommend trying the demo first.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (756 Views)

Playstation Staff

How big it the download then ?

Busy Playing: Modern Warfare 3, Hawx, Dangerous Hunts 2011
On Order: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Max Payne 3, Sniper Elite V2
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21 (703 Views)
0 Kudos